Homemade Lotus Paste
200g Lotus Seeds
160ml Peanut oil or 100ml Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Condense milk
1/8 Tsp salt
- Soak Lotus Seeds with water and allow it to rest for 20 mins.
- Drain and discard water from Lotus seeds. Pour in hot boiling water and cover it for 30 mins.
- Wash away lotus seeds skin and remove green centre then cook seeds with water till soft and tender.
- Blend the lotus seeds till smooth.
- Heat up a wok/pan, melt half the sugar until it turns golden brown in color.
- Pour in blended lotus seeds, remaining sugar, oil and salt.
- Cook over medium flame, stirring all the time until the lotus seed paste thickens.
- Stir in honey and condense milk. Continue stirring till paste leaves the side of the wok/pan.
- Cool before use.
Technorati Tags: Lotus Paste Recipe