- 4 cups (925ml) chicken broth or stock
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sherry (wine vinegar) - optional
- 1 -2 green onions, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a wok or saucepan, bring the 4 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Add the white pepper, ground ginger, garlic powder and sherry (optional). Cook for about another minute.
- To add a cornstarch thickener, mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch and stir with little water to dissolve.
- In separate cup, beat 1 large egg.
- Stir in the cornstarch/water mixture, remove the soup from the heat.
- Add the beaten egg.
- Top with green onions.
Technorati Tags: Egg Drop Soup/Egg Flower Soup Recipe. Cooking