130g (4.5 oz) fresh milk
70g (2.5 oz) caster sugar
2 tbsp black sesame powder or black sesame paste
250g (8.8 oz) non-dairy whipping cream or Half & Half
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons boiling water
- Melt black sesame powder with 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Mix egg yolk and caster together thoroughly. Add in the black sesame and mix well.
- Add fresh milk to the mixture and mix it well.
- Double-boil mixture at low heat and keep stirring until it thickens.
- After that, leave to cool.
- Pour the non-dairy whipping cream into a separate container.
- Whisk it till it’s stiff.
- Pour the cooled black sesame mixture into the non-dairy whipping cream and mix it well.
- Transfer the black sesame ice-cream mixture into an ice-cream maker (ice cream maker bowl must freeze in freezer at least 12 hours before using it) and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Technorati Tags: Homemade Japanese Black Sesame (Goma) Ice Cream Recipe,Dessert