Chocolate Chips Cookies (adapted from Williams-Sonoma’s cookies)
125g Butter, at room temperature
125g Fine Sugar
105g Light Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
190g Plain Flour
30g Corn flour
1/2 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp baking soda
135g Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
50g White Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Line baking trays with baking sheets.
2) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar till fluffy and pale. Add egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.
3) Add in flour mixture and mix on low speed or stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
4) Wearing gloves, shape the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
5) Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool briefly on the sheets before transferring them to the racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers when cooled.