200 gm. Butter
180 gm. Sugar
100 gm. Walnuts or Cashew nuts - blended coarsely
1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
320 gm. Plain flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
50 gm. corn flour
20 gm. instant coffee powder
Some almond flakes or sunflower seeds for decoration
Some beaten egg for glazing
(1) Cream butter and sugar till sugar dissolves.
(2) Add in egg and beat till well mixed.
(3) Add in blended walnuts or cashew nuts, flour, instant coffee powder, baking powder and corn flour.
(4) Blend into a dough. Rest for 10 mins.
(5) Roll dough between two sheets of plastic and then cut out using cookie cutters.
(6) Place cookies on tray, glaze with beaten eggs and then sprinkle some almond flakes or sunflower seeds on top.
(7) Bake at 170C for about 15 mins. or till cooked.
(8) Cool cookies before storing into containers.