Ingredients for cake:
12 egg white - at room temperature
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla powder
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
260 gm. castor sugar - sifted
140 gm. cake flour - sifted
80gm red bean – cooked
(1) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar until frothy then gradually pour in castor sugar and whisk till thick.
(2) Add in half of the sugar when foams develop. Continue to whisk until foam is stable. Add in the rest of the sugar together with salt and continue to whisk till soft peak.
(3) Fold in sifted flour and vanilla powder. Mix well.
(4) Add in red bean into a rectangular tray. Pour the batter on top of it.
(5) Bake at 160C for about 20 mins. or till top is brown and when inserted with a skewer, comes out clean.