1) Glutinous rice - 200gm
2) Chicken -10-15 medium cubes - can use chicken breast or chicken thigh
3) Mushroom - 5-8 small pieces
4) Marinate for chicken - soy sauce, dark soy sauce, ginger juice, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, sesame oil.
6) Seasoning for rice - 2 tbsp oil or lard, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper.
5) Optional - Chinese sausage or Char siu
Simple steps -
1) Wash rice and soak overnight. Next day, steam rice for 30 mins. Remove and leave aside.
2) Marinate chicken for at least 1 hr. Overnight preferred.
3) Stir fry mushroom with some garlic and oil. Then add the marinate chicken and stir fry for a few minutes. No need to fully cook the chicken. Add a bit of water to fully integrate all the ingredients.
4)Seasoning for the rice is very important. For the best taste, it is recommended to use some lard. So if you happen to have some pork/chicken lard, you can add to the overall mixture - soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark sauce sauce, salt, pepper, sesame oil, five spice powder and 2 cup of water. Mix well.